The Demons were nothing short of dominant in the late 50's, claiming an astonishing five Premierships in six years between 1955-60. There were a few legendary names associated with this unheralded run of success - Coach Norm Smith, and captain Ron Barassi. This glorious run capped off what was the age of greatness for the Demons, winning nine flags from 1939 through to 1960. One of the more memorable triumphs came at the hands of the Bombers in 1948, as the heavy underdog Demons ran out victorious in the first ever Grand Final replay. Melbourne own a long list of memorable Grand Final moments - Official Memorabilia are giving you the chance to relive them all.
Commemorate Melbourne's Premiership triumphs with a collectable pewter replica of unrivalled heritage and splendour. Each handcrafted Cup is composed predominantly of refined tin, with small proportions of antimony and copper added for strength and durability.
- Your Cup is finished with gold-plated leaf and comes affixed to a wooden base with mahogany finish
- Each piece comes hand-engraved and your acquisition will come complete with the relevant details specific to your Club and the Premiership year chosen.
- Your Cup features an affixed base plate hand-engraved with Premiership team from the relevant year
- Weighing in at just over 700g, each Cup stands proudly at 210mm with a handle-to-handle span of 130mm
- Cups are available in every one of your Club's Premiership years, all the way back to 1897 - simply select the year in which you would like to purchase from the menu above to secure yours
Royal Selangor – World Leaders In Pewtersince 1885
In 1885, an intrepid young pewtersmith named Yong Koon sailed from the southern Chinese port of Shantou to the tin-rich Malay Peninsula to seek his fortune. Today, his enterprise is Royal Selangor, which continues his passion for the versatility and beauty of pewter. Composed predominantly of refined tin, with a small proportion of antimony and copper added for strength and durability, Royal Selangor represents the finest in materials and design. Unlike antique pewter, the modern article contains no lead and is perfectly food-safe. Our customers have enjoyed Royal Selangor at the table for as long as we’ve enjoyed making pewter. Pewter offers a lifetime of pleasure and beauty. Over time and with use, pewter develops a pleasing subdued tone unique to the metal.