The 2017 season will go down perhaps the most memorable in the 133-year history of the Richmond Football Club. Finishing 13th in 2016, the Tigers weren’t given a chance – but they managed to prove everyone wrong. Riding perhaps the most dominant individual season in VFL/AFL history from Dustin Martin, Richmond ended the year in grand fashion, and delivering the Tiger Army their first Premiership in 37 years.
In 2019 – despite losing favourite son Alex Rance in Round 1 and teetering to a 7-6 record at the bye – Richmond asserted their dominance. A crushing 89-point defeat of GWS served as the ultimate redemption for – by their now lofty standards – a shortfall in 2018, and affirmed their place at top the footy world.
Fast forward just over 12 months, and as the Tigers took to the Gabba on the 24th of October, it was a night of firsts. A first night Grand Final, the first outside Victoria – but amidst this uncharted territory, some traditions remained. Traditions like Dustin Martin taking the game by the scruff of the neck on the biggest stage. Traditions like Trent Cotchin leading by example – team-first, resilient, selfless. Traditions like the Tiger Army, diminished as they were, turning the Gabba, for one night, into Tigerland.
- A truly unique and timeless memorabilia release – the ultimate tribute to Richmond’s modern-day dynasty
- Features an officially licensed Richmond 2017, 2019 and 2020 Grand Final guernsey – a guernsey from each Grand Final triumph – personally signed by every single Premiership player from each respective year, along with three-time Premiership coach Damien Hardwick – a staggering 69 signatures in totality
- Included in the display is a trilogy of authentic match-used ball pieces from each of Richmond’s Grand Final triumphs of their modern-day dynasty – 2017, 2019 and 2020
- For the first time in Australian memorabilia history, three official ‘gold leaf's’ created direct from the manufacturer of each year’s AFL Premiership Cup are integrated into each edition
- Integrated into this incredible showcase display are three replica Premiership and Norm Smith Medals, paying homage to the Tigers’ recent Premiership glories along with Dustin Martin’s record-breaking Grand Final performances
- Utilising a dynamic production technique, the 2017 clash guernsey has been elevated (approximately 30mm) above the 2019 and 2020 guernseys inside the display. The incredible depth of field gives the impression of a "hovering" guernsey and provides an unprecedented memorabilia experience
- Features iconic team celebration imagery, individual player names, and match scores from the 2017, 2019 and 2020 Grand Finals
- Boutique release strictly limited to just 25 editions worldwide, with each edition accompanied by an individually numbered AFLPA Certificate of Authenticity
- Officially licensed by the AFL
- Approximate framed dimensions are an imposing 1650 x 1050 mm