Not even the late, great Origin godfather Arthur Beetson would have dared to think it possible… Even those with maroon coursing through their veins would once have thought the eight consecutive series wins witnessed was the stuff of State of Origin dreams.
Under the guidance of one-time playing great Mal Meninga, the Maroons took the field with the confidence they were capable of victory from any point in a game, no matter how irretrievable the situation appeared. Meninga instilled in his charges an unwavering self-belief – and under the heat of battle, he could have had no better on-field generals to reinforce his message than his successive skippers Darren Lockyer and Cameron Smith, two of the game’s all-time players, as well as leaders.
This week, the Maroons bade farewell to arguably the greatest player to don the famous jersey. Cam Smith was the cornerstone of Queensland’s record breaking streak, and, having worn his beloved maroon jersey for the final time, he leaves behind perhaps the greatest Queensland resume in the history of State of Origin – one that is unlikely ever to be matched. Perhaps his influence on Queensland’s success is best summed up by Maroons coach Kevin Walters – “What he’s done for Queensland and Australia has been something short of a miracle, his performances through that time has been a benchmark for everyone who puts on that maroon jersey in his tenure there.”
To celebrate his unrivalled representative career, Official Memorabilia have gone to the vault to deliver something special. In conjunction with the NRL and QRL, Official Memorabilia are proud to offer Eight Straight – our first official Artisan Release. This magnificent deluxe jersey display comes personally signed by no less than 49 players – including retiring hero Cam Smith – from the eight consecutive series victories, and comes officially licensed by the NRL for your peace of mind. Strictly limited to just 10 editions, Eight Straight is a must-have for all Maroons fans and astute collectors alike. Secure yours now to avoid disappointment, as this limited release will not last long.
- Signed by no less than 49 players – including retiring hero Cam Smith – from the Mal Meninga reign (9 series wins in 10 years, including eight-straight)
- Features an official Queensland Maroons jersey, personally signed by the iconic Mal Meninga
- Featuring imagery of all eight series wins as well as individual action imagery of your Maroon heroes
- Artisan Release of strictly 10 editions worldwide, with each edition accompanied by an individually numbered NRL-endorsed Certificate of Authenticity
- Features a distinctive Artisan Stamp on each edition – a marking of the exclusivity of this release
- Officially licensed by the NRL & Queensland Rugby League
- Independently authenticated by a-Tag, complete with tamper proof hologram
- Approximate framed dimensions are an imposing 1000 x 790 mm